To serve and protect the inhabitants and natural resources of Park County Fire District #2 as efficiently and effectively as possible through fire suppression, fire prevention, and public education activities. To assist other emergency services in the prevention of the loss of life and property from fire and other natural and man-made disasters.
About Fire District
Provides fire protection services for the City of Cody and a 3200 sq. mile district surrounding the city, making our district one of the largest volunteer districts in the United States.
The District is governed by a five member board of directors.
Four full time employees serve the district, the Administrator, Fire Marshal, Service Technician, and District Training Officer.
From their own words...
- Opportunity to serve my community
- The special feeling you get when you successfully intervene in an emergency
- Opportunity to perform duties that most people would never be willing to do
- The chance to learn skills necessary to advance through the ranks
- Carry on or start a family tradition
- Opportunity to meet new people and develop comradery
- Experience excitement where no two calls are the same
Last Year Total Responses 2019
|Accidents / Rescue||——||2|
|Cancelled / False Alarms||——||4|
Year to Date Responses
Our Staff for 2020
|Board Members:||John Krebes|
|Ray Lozier||Bob Coe|
|Ron Hill||Jeff Steward|
|District Secretary:||Ed Webster|
|Fire Marshal:||Sam Wilde|
|Dist. Training Officer:||Rick Fleming|
|Service Technician:||Mike Boone|
|Asst. Chief||Nathan Filener|
|St #1 Training Officer:||H.R. Coe|
|Rookie Trainers:||Matt Schauland|
|Southfork President:||Matt Curtis|
|Wapiti President:||Joel Baum|
|Sunlight President:||Ed Stratman|